By today I passed the Scrum Master certification (93% , one False answer, one answer too much), so I may call myself Certified Scrum Master from now on. I have too say the certification class by Stefan Roock was pretty inspiring, and showed to me what I had expected Scrum to be,.. the only logic way to manage projects in our business, although most companies work different at the moment .
Anyone working long enough in the IT business will agree with me at the following:
- No project is or ever will be predictable for more then 2 to 4 weeks in a row
- Every project changes while working on it
- In every project there are impediments to solve
- The only ones who know what amount of work can be done in a specific time are the team members
- The only ones who know how a certain task can be solved are the team members
- Only the team it self knows what it needs to accomplish their work fast and good
- Let the team work on the tasks without interruptions and you will get a good quality
So tell me, why don´t we all at least stick to these rules? We all sure know how we can work better but none of us sticks to this knowledge so far, because most of us like the concept of power and control way more then the concept of trust.